This past week was very busy, stressful, and rather hectic. By tuesday night I found myself already planing what I'd do (or not do) Saturday afternoon. I'm one of those people who needs alone time and I felt like I was running around like chicken with my head cut off! I decided to schedule Missy&God time for Saturday afternoon and looked forward to it all week. Thankfully friday wasn't as busy as I'd thought so I was able to be very productive and get all my assignments done for this coming Monday, Tuesday, and part of Wednesday so Saturday I was completely free and ready for a much needed time alone with God.
Saturday I finished my morning commitments and packed the necessaries; Bible, water bottle, some knitting, and a book. I drove around a bit enjoying the quietness of the car then headed to the local library, I knew they had lots of trees about but I was pleasantly surprised to find a walking trail leading to the Nature center!
Sadly, I don't have any pictures for you but I was too busy being renewed and refreshed by God's creation. I sat on a rugged bench and read, wrote in my journal, and talked to God. After a bit it began to sprinkle rain, I watched it for a bit before sneaking back to the room to curl up with some tea and catch up on some TV shows.
All it all it was a beautiful time spending the afternoon being refreshed with the only thing that really satisfies and can help me get through the tough times. Thank you Lord!
1 comment:
Sounds wonderful!!!
Post a Comment