Monday, September 10, 2012

Family Weekend

This weekend was Family weekend and my parents and youngest sister, The Babay, came to visit! It was really fun getting to show them around and introduce them to my friends and 'family' here at school. They stayed longer than usual and we enjoyed antique shopping (something we enjoy doing at home), meeting people, and catching up.
Amazingly The Baby is a junior in high school this year and so she and her friend, who'd come with her, went to a high school-student preview day to see the college and the more academic side of things. I would love it if either of them decided to come here, even though we wouldn't be at school the same time. It'd be a good excuse to come back and see people.
Saturday night we went to the tailgate and football game and Sunday morning they got to visit my church before heading home! None of my family has ever been to my church here so I was really glad they were able to fit it in.
It's been a very happy weekend with happy memories and good times to laugh and get the Mommie-hugs I've been missing so much. Momma also brought me a loaf of Chocolate Chip banana bread so I kinda feel like I can ease back into my week enjoying a home-cooked breakfast:)

ps
Please don't look too hard at the picture, we took it right after we'd gotten ready for church and it was still kind of early.

No comments: