Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Seeing God's blessing in a wonderful day


** I starting to write this the other day but then didn't have time to finish and things got busy but I wanted to share this. ** 
God is so good.
I realize that that statement would still be just as true if I was having a horrible day, never received any of his blessings, and never felt his love, but today I was just reminded over and over of how much He provides for me and how He blesses me beyond anything I could imagine.
I guess it really started the night before. After getting a bit stressed out about all I had to do today a friend stopped by to talk. She's one of those wonderful friends who you can dump your worries on and she'll listen and not judge you for complaining... We all need those people, because you can feel so much better about things after talking them out. Anyway, I enjoyed our chat but it did put me going to bed sometime after 2am.
The next day I awoke to my phone ringing about texts I'd received that all seemed to be important. I was already a bit stressed because when I'd written out my schedule I only had a few minutes between each thing and had two assignments due for the next day. I got out of bed and saw a note had been slipped under my door: the meeting I'd thought was at 11 was actually the next day! That meant I had an hour free to try to get homework done. I headed to meet a friend for breakfast there I realized I probably wouldn't make it to church because of the assignments I had due to the next day. After breakfast I was able to get some of my work done before running off to my next class. Which was canceled!!! I'm sorry the teacher was sick but that meant one more extra hour to write that paper! At 4:30 I was finished with both papers for the next day and was able to go to church, which was a great time of worship, and get a run in before rush practice.... Which got out early!!!!!
I felt so blessed and loved by God as I got a nice warm shower and read a book - for fun!- in bed before going to sleep before 12am... Wow, his blessings just kept coming. 
Like I said, He's still good on those terrible days that seem to drag on. He's so good on those days I miss things and do poorly on assignments and tests. God is So good on those days I'm sad and feel everything's coming in on me. Basically, as I head a youth leader once tell his students "God is good all the time. All the time, God is good. So let's give him praise!"

No comments: