Thursday, August 30, 2012

School's out!

All day yesterday we were kind of in stand-by mode waiting to see what Hurricane Isaac would do. We waited for the rain, run from class to class, and wondered if the rumors about Thursday classes being canceled were going to be true. Last night at 9:30 pm, just at my hall was quieting down to study for classes in the morning I got a text from a friend saying they were canceled. I wasn't sure if it was a joke or not but a quick check of my school emails confirmed it. "No Thursday Day classes"!!!! I ran down the hall to tell the girls I knew were studying and within minutes you could tell who from the other floors had checked their emails!
It's almost embarrassing how excited we were to have the day off. We haven't even been in school a full week yet but people were dancing in the halls and screaming! My hall decided that since we had all day Thursday to finish our assignments we'd have a movie night to celebrate!
I went to bed last night to the sound of sheets of rain hitting my window. This morning I awoke to the same sounds, though the wind has picked up.
Now I'm deciding what I'll do on this already long weekend! I'm hoping to rest up, knit, read, and hang out with friends.
Oh, and add 'hurricane' to the list of reasons I've gotten out of school. This reminds me of that happy time when we got out for a whole week due to the Swine flu! (Thankfully no one at school had the flu at that time, so it was happy)

1 comment:

Sara Campbell said...

The swine flu!!! When all the Oasis moms became even more appreciative of the school after homeschooling!!!