Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Counting My Blessings

I don't usually get sick often. One big cold when the weather changes and that's usually about it. But this semester my body has decided to make up for lost time. The second week of school I was diagnosed with Mono and it's come and go randomly every week since! Thankfully mono's not something that's spread that easily. Basically, don't drink after me or kiss me and you're good. I'm still not sure how I got it since I'm usually really good about not eating or drinking after people and haven't ever kissed anyone but I'm ready for it to go away! This weekend it's come back with a vengeance. Monday morning I though I had strep, but after a strep test at the clinic the doctor said it was still just the mono. Today I woke up feeling like I'd been punched in the throat! Needless to say it hasn't been a fun two days. But I've been trying to count my blessings.
1) I can still hang out with people, when I feel up to it, without getting them sick.
2) I have a nice school clinic to go to when sick and they speak my language. (I felt horrible for the poor, sick international student who had to fill out the paperwork in english!)
3) This semester is lighter than most and I'm caught up enough to take it easy this week.
4) The Lord's giving me a positive attitude.
5) Hot tea.
6) I have so many sweet friends who bring me soup when I don't feel up to going to the Caf for dinner.
7) A box of mysteries on DVD my mom recently brought me.
8) My busiest day for the week is over and I get to sleep in tomorrow.
When I begin to count my blessings I'm overwhelmed by how much He loves me and cares for me every day. Things could be so much worse. Thank you Lord for the health I usually have and for the hope you give me every day.

No comments: