Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cooking night

Tonight was my night to make dinner for the family. My mom's told me that it can be anything from sandwiches to a full meal, its up to me. A while ago I found a blog all about turkish food. It's wonderful and so for the past two weeks I've selected dishes from that to make on my cooking night.
Tonight I made eggplant kebab, rice, and pan-steamed peppers. I think everyone really enjoyed it even though they tried and failed sadly at trying to call it by it's rightful name, Oh well, what can you do? I enjoyed my meal with a couple of spoonfuls of yogurt, which no one else would even try and tried to keep quiet when my sister covered hers in..... Soy sauce!!!!! Really?!?! Cover up the once in a while turkish food with soy sauce?!?! But alas..... like so many things I charish, those around me here can't appreciate it. I'll still love them and because of that continue to fix them turkish meals.

No comments: