"Just when things are going perfectly, look twice, you've probably overlooked something."
This quote (or one to that effect) was in a book I was reading between classes Tuesday. I was having a wonderful day. The weather was marvelous, the sun was shining, I'd done pretty well in my classes, I had on a fun, cute summery dress and was feeling all-around wonderful. As I was driving home, windows down and music up, I thought about that quote. 'Man, I'm feeling on top of the world, this is something when things start messin' up, I sure hope I haven't forgotten about something.' But I hadn't forgotten anything.
I got home and went to find my sister. Just as I was asking if she wasn't to go to the park, take a walk, anything outside on this beautiful day she says " Mom's at the Hospital with grandmother. She took her in this morning." WHAT?!?!? I stopped stunned. Is she ok? What's going on? Why hadn't anyone called? Is this going to turn out like the last time (about 2 weeks, surgery, ICU, rehab....) ? I was really shaken up. I texted a friend of mine asking for prayers and called my mom. Praying, all the while, that she'd be ok and make it through but in reality knowing that she'd had heart attacks before a was getting on in years (we celebrated the big 90 last month). Mom assured me that everything was ok but she was still in the ER. I fixed a quick iced tea and headed over. Even after the reassurance I needed to see her, talk to her and do what I could for her. I stayed over there a while then ran home to greet a house guest and fix dinner, but I was emotionally drained. I fixed what I could thing of for dinner; chicken, backed beans and biscuits, and tried to be as agreeable as possible. Soon dinner was ready, my sisters were outside playing and mom and dad weren't home yet. I fixed some hot tea and grabbed a biscuit. As I sat enjoying the quietness all I could thing was " Thank you Lord, for Hot tea and biscuits. After such an emotionally draining day, the high's and the low's, I was so blessed by that small gift. To others it may not seem like much but to me at that moment it was everything.
In closing; My grandmother's doing very well and should be going home tomorrow or friday.
ps. The photo doesn't really have to do with anything just a pretty flower to go with the pretty day :)
1 comment:
I'm still trying to make the comments box work, please let me know if you're able to comment, Thanks!
Post a Comment