Thursday, September 24, 2009

Şeker Bayrum


I've been meaning to write a blog for the past few days telling about my wonderful trip I took over the Bayrum. I went with some friends to Cappadocia about 5 hours away. It was my first time there and I loved it! Cappadocia is known for these really neat 'fairy chimneys' which are landforms that kinda loo
k like small mountains. The people carved caves out of them houndreds of years ago and lived there. The churches they carved out are amazing! They even put plaster up and painted it with pictures of Christ's birth, life and death. Even though it was painted around the 11th centrey most of it is still in good condition. 
We toured the open air museum, lots of cave churches and homes, and an underground city. People, mostly persicuted christians i believe, would make these cities underground so that they could hid
 there when under attack. They're spectacular because of the detail and size of the things downthere. A Chruch, a school, ventalation shafts, bed rooms, amimal rooms, a winery, and so much more. Some of the passages were pretty tight but it was a lot of fun going through it. On our way to 
Cappadocia we visited a salt lake and on our way home we stoped at a nut stand. I bought some almonds which were very good. 
Over all if was a wonderful to time to make memories and relax while enjoying sights and sounds of a new city ( for most of us ;) )

No comments: