Thursday, September 17, 2009

Electric Yok

As background for this next post Baby Ben (or big ben) is a 20 lb. adorable 11 month old boy I babysit who cannot walk yet. He lives on the 3rd(american 4th) floor of an apartment building and I take him to school, after his nap, around 11 am. With that said, I'll begin;
I got Baby Ben all dressed and ready to go and in his stroller, I roll him out the door like I do every morning and push the elevator button, "hmm..." I think "thats weird that the its not lit up, I guess its not working." After a quick prayer to the Lord thanking him that I wasn't inside the elevator when the po
wer turned off, I look around at my options; A still elevator to my left and 4 flights of stairs to my right. I start to push the stroller down when I realize just how steep those stairs really are... New Plan,Baby ben in one arm, stroller in the other and try to get all of usdown, 
one flight at a time. As I'm taking Baby Ben out of his stroller a neighbor come out of her apartment "Electric Yok"(meaning no electricity) I nod and mumble something like, yes, or thank you and get ben out.  Sigh "oh jesus, how am I going to carry this big boy and big stroller all the way down with out falling?" but should I ever question God?.. duhh no! He's gotten me this far. 
So we bump, bump, bump, feeling like winnie-the-pooh in the first story on tape 1, down safely to the next floor and return half-way up to retrieve Ben's  toy he dropped. huhhhhhh......1 down 3 to go. as I'm pushing the stroller to the top on the next flight of stairs another neighbor comes out. Just as I'm wishing I could say 'sorry 'bout the noise" in turkish, she starts talking to me and holding out her hands for Ben. She looks nice enough and like she wants to help so I give him up and thank the Lord. Then she carried him AND her 3 year old daughter (they're about the same size) down to the ground floor. I kept saying thank you and goodbye over and over, I hope she understands how thankful I was for her help. And to God for yet again helping me with the daily things. And this was just 1 of the blessing I received today, Praise to Him who is able to keep me from falling and give me peace~ 

No comments: