Monday, February 22, 2016

A Day in My Life

Saturday morning dawned cloudy and rather grey. I spent the first few hours of the day curled up with my book in my pajamas.
About noon I took the bus to the mall to run a some errands and get lunch. I had a list of odds and ends that I've been needing for a while but none of them were important enough for their own trip to the store. I wandered from store to store getting things I needed or just looking at what was there.
Upon leaving the mall I decided to walk home instead of taking a bus. The sun had come out and it was warming up a bit. I thought I knew how to get home but I wasn't sure as I've always taken a bus to and from that area of town and I wasn't sure if I could manage to remember how to reverse the most direct of the bus routs. I set out and, after taking an unnecessary loop, figure out what road I was on and headed home. It helps that there's a very tall mall building close to my neighborhood. At one point, where I was trying to remember weather to turn or go straight I looked up and just walked in the direction of that building.
I made it home without any trouble and even found a nice park to sit in and read for a while and I catch my breath. The 3 mile walk wouldn't have been bad except that it was uphill more than half of the way.

No comments: