I really like holidays and began decorating my apartment for valentine's day about 3 weeks ago. It seemed to dull the pain of de-Christmasying to put paper hearts and roses up.
Roomie and I had a Valentine's party Sunday afternoon and invited friends and co-works. We asked everyone to bring a pink snack to share and bring a box of tea for a tea exchange. I was interested in what pink foods people would bring. We ended up with fresh pomegranate, grapefruit juice, wafers dipped in white chocolate and pink sprinkles, and chocolate baklava (not pink but always welcome! I know a couple of places that sell it in Istanbul and it's delicious but no-one sells it here except if you pre-order 3 kilos of it, it's dangerous that I now have this information.). I made marinara sauce and bread sticks in the shapes of X's, O's and hearts.
For the tea exchange we dumped out all of the kinds of tea bags and re-filled each box with a mixture of all the kinds. It will be fun to try different kinds of teas. One was even a Pineapple green tea!
Happy Valentine's day!
No comments:
Post a Comment