Thursday, January 7, 2016

Resolutions Recap

Last year my New Year's Resolution was rather simple but honestly I wasn't sure if I'd keep at it or not. I'd read of a knitter who'd decided to try 15 new knitting patterns in 2015. I figured I could check that off in a month or two so I decided to change it to reading 15 books in 2015.
In college I began reading more and enjoying it but with teaching it had gotten pushed to the back burner. This resolution was just the motivation I needed to keep up with it!
Here's a list of the books I read
1) The Tutor's First Love by George McDonald
2) The Barron's Apprenticeship by George McDonald
3) The Thorn by Beverly Lewis
4) Anna and the King of Siam by Margaret Landon
5) Foreign to Familiar by Sara Lanier
6) Love The Lord Your God With All Your Mind by J.P. Moreland
7) Levi's Will by W. Dale Cramer
8) Emma by Jane Austin
9) Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
10) How I know God Answers Prayers by Rosalind Gofroth
11) The Hole in our Holiness by Kevin DeYong (LOVE this book! I've reread it many times!)
12) A Chance to Die by Elizabeth Elliot
13) The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
14) The Story of Land and Sea By Katy Simpson Smith (HATED this book!!)
15) Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery
16) Teresa of Calcutta by D. Jeanene Watson
17) Two from Galilee by Majorie Holmes

I also read a few middle-grades book that didn't make the final count, just for fun ;)
- A spy in Williamsburg by Isabelle Lawrence
- Heidi by - Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary
- My side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George(Really enjoyed this one and read it in one afternoon!)
- Pollyanna Jr. Eleanor Porter(twice!)
- The Wind and the Willows Jr. by Kenneth Grahame
I've enjoyed reading these and look forward to the new books I'll read in the coming year: 16 books in 2016!!

No comments: