Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving This and that

 For Thanksgiving this year I was invited to celebrate with some family friends I've known for a while. I was very excited to get to spend the day with them. I was asked to bring sweet potato casserole and I was even given canned sweet potatoes and real marshmallows to use! Still I was a little nervous as I wasn't really following a recipe and I was supplementing with some Turkish sweet potatoes I found last week. They taste about the same but are dryer and white on the inside. 
 After hearing things like 'I asked you to make these because I know you'll know how to make the right, southern way' I was a little more nervous! I've never had to cook anything for Thanksgiving in America!
I made a trial run before cooking two large pans of it. I think it turned out well and was even better Thanksgiving day with marshmallows and pecans on top. Happy Thanksgiving from the Bird!
ps
I have to add this picture of how I spend my Tuesday afternoon. Sometimes watching my students paint makes me want to try it too so after school I found the neatest child's paint-set and tried my hand at it. All those 'Water-color-washes' from Art for Children in college paid off. I may need to buy myself a paint set!

No comments: