Friday, November 13, 2015

Life Lately

I feel like I'm finally back to a simi-normal schedule after a whirl-wind few weeks. It hasn't been that long but it seems like I've been extra busy for a very long time. Its been (and still is) a very busy semester/year at school but the extra busyness just started last week getting ready for the weekend and continued into this week with my sister in town and taking a personal day.
This past weekend a group from America came to put on a women's conference. It was so nice to get away and be refreshed spiritually and mental. We had main sessions and worship times and break-out sessions and time to just lay on the beach.

We had great weather and I even got in the ocean for a bit! The hotel we stayed at was incredible! Super nice and fancy but pretty empty because it's during the off season. This week and next it's being used for the G20 conference!
The best part of the conference was that my sister was there! She'd come on the team to speak to the teens attending. It was so nice to catch up, though the time wasn't long enough.

After the conference I had a 'normal' day at school then the team arrived and Tuesday I took my first Personal Day half-day to show them around the historic part of the city.
In the afternoon 'Nurse Ruth' talked to my class about hygiene and being a nurse. She brought then a few things to play with like a tiny baby bottle and an empty syringe (no needle!). The kids loved getting to hear their heartbeat and give the doll shots and I loved getting to introduce her to my class.
It means so much that she would take off work and come visit me (and help with the conference). I love living here but it is tough when there's such limited connection between here and there. Now my sister can put names with faces and bits of personalities together and that's huge.

No comments: