Some friends and I drove up for the day to get out of the city and sight-see for a bit. In the morning we walked around the city for a while and visited a museum.
The guide was very interesting and told a lot about turkish culture in addition to the history of the home.
This tree was said to be 800 years old!
We also visited a Hamam (Turkish bath/spa) museum! It was a great chance to take a photo to show friends and family what the inside of a hamam looks like (except everything is cleaner and very wet)!
There's a neat outlook from the top of the old city wall that we wanted to go see. We took the road we thought would take us there then it dead ended. Two friends and I 'off roaded' it to see if we could get there a different way.
3/4th of the way up I stopped and let the others keep going. They didn't find anything.
Then I turned around and realized it was steeper than I'd originally thought!
Beypazari also the carrot capital of Turkey and is famous for their 80-layer baklava (typically Baklava has 40 layers of dough)!
Of course we had to sample a little piece
They sell lots of carrot juice on the streets. F and I found some cold juice and tried it out, this was our 'before' shot. The taste is what you would expect but it's also odd. I thought it was pretty good but F didn't like it too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment