Friday, March 6, 2015

Never Trust March

The past weekend was beautiful! The weather got up into the high 50's with a cool breeze blowing. It was all I could do to keep from putting on sandals and short sleeves! Spring seemed to have come over night! I mentioned this to my Turkish friend, who I had tea with Saturday, but she quickly replied "No, there will be 20 more days of cold". This seemed a little harsh and pessimistic to me, granted I knew it wasn't going to be hot but just springy feeling.
The next day I recounted this conversation to another friend who's lived here for a while. She wasn't surprised by my friend's quick judgment. She said that there's a Turkish saying that says 'Never trust March'.
Sure enough this morning I walked to school in 28 degree weather bundled up in a hat, coat, and scarf. I was very thankful for my sweater, socks, and shoes. However, though I'm not putting too much trust in the Month as a whole I do see beauty most everywhere I look, from the blue skies to the frosty cars. Sadly these pictures don't do it justice but I though I'd add them anyway.

No comments: