Today the lower elementary celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday with a reading day! Students, and teachers, wore their pajamas and focused the day around reading. As a kindergarten class we kind of put most academic things on hold and enjoyed lots of books; we read to ourselves, watched two videos reading to us, and enjoyed visits from 1st graders, 2nd graders, and even two administrators who read to us!
We were on cloud nine. Yay for Pj's, books, and funny things happening at school!
I was excited about pajama day and at the last minute decided to go all out for Dr. Seuss and make up some Whoo-hair. The kids loved it, including the high school students I forgot had asked if they could come and do a presentation about recycling.
At lunch of my students, the one who often comes up to the teacher table to tell me things like 'Teacher, I have an apple today!' or 'Teacher, we both have sandwiches for lunch!', came up and asked ' Teacher, is this first time for you to eat in your jammies?'. We love being silly.
During our short time between being read to and the monthly character assembly (which also happened to fall on this busy day) we made these 'things'. I remember seeing these in a class I observed in college and was so pleased with how they turned out!




No comments:
Post a Comment