I don't even know where to begin. The past two weeks traveling with my sisters has been wonderful! Everything came together so beautifully; we laughed, cried (mostly me and Ru) and made memories to last a lifetime. Since starting at the beginning and blogging it all out would probably take a minimum of 10 years and, lets face it, you probably don't want to read all that I'll FF the blog to today, the beginning of my 'real-life' here in Turkey. (If you want to see the photo-blog of our sister-trip check it out here!)
This morning, after a quick breakfast and long walk to the bus station, I left my sisters in Istanbul and headed back to my new home. I had been apprehensive about getting back to my apartment on my own but God is good and I made all my connections from the bus to the plane to another bus and finally to a Dolmus that took me to my neighborhood. Once home I tried to enliven the house with some music while I did some much needed laundry and unpacked. I'd bought a few things for my apartment during the trip so it was fun getting those out and putting them where they go. Another new teacher arrived early and we met up tonight for dinner. We still have a few days left before new teacher inservice begins so it's nice to have a friend to explore the neighborhood with before we have regular duties.
I'm excited about this new adventure and look forward to what's next. Thank you to everyone who has iMessaged and FBed me, I love being able to keep in tough and enjoy the updates on your life too!
(p.s. sorry for the lack of pictures, I'm too tired to upload them tonight)
No comments:
Post a Comment