Saturday, August 9, 2014

Language Barrier

Somedays I feel like a 6-year-old in an adult world. I think I know how to do things but I don't. Things that I've done a million times never realizing I was reading but then change the language and I'm lost. Yesterday I found that I'd washed my clothes with a mixture of (3 times too much) powdered fabric softener and..liquid fabric softener. (I rewashed them with detergent)
The language barrier seems similar to having one of your senses taken away and I guess in a way it is. Although I'm remembering some Turkish and am picking up more words, it seems a very slow process. I'm trying to be patient with myself as I spend 20 minutes looking for rolled oats in the grocery store or am restricted to ordering 'mystery meal' or something that has a picture. I try to picture how I must come across to Turks and it makes me laugh, it is pretty funny.

No comments: