This weekend I went shopping and got some really cute kind of loose linen pants. I decided to wear them to school today with a lace-front shirt and Chacos. Honestly I thought I looked pretty cute; kind of beachy, 'boy-friend' cut, outdoorsy look.
Mid-way through the morning a student stopped me to comment "Mrs M, you look weird today!". After giving her a brief explanation of why we shouldn't call someone weird, she tried to restate her previous comment.
"Well, you don't really look weird, its just your pants. They kind of look like something you should just wear around the house."
Later that afternoon I remembered the comment and asked another student, "Do you like my pants?". She gave a sheepish grin then said, "umm no, not really". Well, at least she was honest!
Although a couple of teachers comment on them and liked them it looks like my outfit choices aren't cutting it with the 8-year-old sect.
No comments:
Post a Comment