Thursday, September 12, 2013

Focusing on Blessings

This morning I slept through both of my alarms, woke up late for class, and - if I'd been making toast, would have burned it. It was that kind of morning. In class the teacher was more difficult than usual to please, I found out about an assignment due in the morning and was told that I may have to show my room on a campus tour. I wasn't super pumped about life in general.
However, God is still good. Thankfully he was gracious to be and reminded me to give it all over to him. Once I released all the stresses and frustrations I began to see his mercies all around me; the weather was beautiful, someone told me I looked cute. As I was rushing out of the cafeteria with my togo box of lunch to eat while studying for an online quiz that was due this afternoon He sent a kind stranger to open the door for me so that I wouldn't drop my food. I got to my room, slightly stressed, and realized that I had it to myself for little while so that I could study for and take my quiz in quietness. It shouldn't surprise me that the Lord knows exactly what I need, when I need it. But I am happily surprised when he opens my eyes to his wonders all around me.
My list of assignments is still lengthy. There are still only 24 hours in a day. I still have class in the morning. But my attitude has changed and I'm able to focus on the blessings instead of the work.
Thank you Lord, Praise to you!

No comments: