Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Another Post About the Weather

Last week the highs were in the high 80s and everyone was running around in shorts calling the Residence Life office, where I work and hour Monday afternoons, complaining about the heat and asking when the AC would be turned on. They finally decided to make the switch to AC. This process if difficult and so is usually only done once. By Wednesday the AC was working and the dorm was, in my opinion, pretty chilly.
This week the highs have been in the low 60s with a few nights going below freezing. The AC is still on and no one can complain that the dorms are hot. However, almost as if on cue, I received a call about being too cold. ***Sigh*** This happens every semester. I try to be sympathetic but not really being a fan of artificial heat and air conditioning anyways my room's unit has been off since I moved in.  I understand it is cold, right now I'm sitting on my bed with socks, a blanket, a sweater, and a scarf of drinking hot tea and working on homework. It may be cold right now but in a few days I'll taking the extra blankets off my bed again and opening a window.
I hoped she didn't take it personally when I told her to turn her unit off and find a sweater. Come on girls, just go with it!

No comments: