Happy Valentine's Day!!!!
Today has been such a happy day. It's been very long, kind of crazy, a little stressful, but happy. I feel like I go through the same cycle each year when Valentine's is approaching. I begin, a few days before the actually day, a bit sad and lonely feeling. Then I switch to thinking of how it's a silly holiday and I'll just ignore it. Then I get over myself and get excited for it and, the day of, I love it!
Regardless of how commercials make you think you should be on the day; In love, lots of sweet romantic things around, etc.... In reality Valentine's is a wonderful happy day of candy, cards, cupcakes, and pinkness.
I started off Valentine's day this year with a hall party for the girls on my hall. We decorated cupcakes and made valentines. I had some unexpected extra time so I decorated the hall and put bags outside each door for the cards. It turned out to be lots of fun and I think everyone enjoyed it!
Today I started my day off watching the sunrise while getting ready to go observe/teach a reading lesson to the first grade class I will be with this semester. I had a cute little poem to read, I looked cute, I felt happy, I had Valentine's cards in the bag outside my door... It was a happy morning. In the afternoon I check my mailbox and had a package from my mom, a card from my sister, and a card from my parents!
Over all I was blessed with a wonderful day and I fully enjoyed it!
Reason #75 to love Valentine's day: It's not every day the school cafeteria makes you cupcakes!!

No comments:
Post a Comment