I promise I'm not always off work but I guess it's on my off days that I have time to write the most. Today I was off and headed to the pool to read and get some sun. I've been reading the Alchemist this week and today I got the the point, I get to in all books, about half way through where I can't put it down until I finish. Sadly that caused some sunburn but I enjoyed sitting in the pool and reading.
For those of you who haven't read the Alchemist, I strongly suggest it! But be forewarned that it's a bit hard to follow. Until the very end I wasn't exactly sure of the idea behind the book of what the main idea was. However once I finished it I was so glad I had read it. The main idea I got from it was that isn't about the destination as much as it is about the journey.Last night I got to see one of the teacher from Turkey who had been there when I was. It was so nice to see him but made me miss my other friends from there all the more. I also began to thinking about what it'd be like if I never made it back there. What is there's another plan for my life? What if the Lord calls me to teach back in my hometown or never leave the state? Through the lessons Santiago learns along his Journey I realized that even if I never get to see those dear friends again on this earth, they were beautiful friends, it is a wonderful country, and it was there where I learned lessons I'll use somewhere else.
Though it does still make me sad thinking of the friends I miss so much I have to live in the present and enjoy what's now instead of always wishing for what was and missing all the beauty the Lord's put here.

No comments:
Post a Comment