It always amazes me how much the devil can hit me when I'm down. I was reminded by this today. Over all the day wasn't great. I woke up late for work (I jumped out of bed when I should have been jumping in the car), had to go without a shower or breakfast. Thankfully I got to work only a few minutes late and things got better. It was a fairly quiet day until about 30 minute before I got off when lots of people came in with complicated requests; Returns, Send sales from other stores. Shoe sizes from the back. Abnormal requests. In addition the stockroom girl brought out more items to fold and put out and I had to add it to the growing pile of things to put back from the fitting room. Ahhh, I was so stressed and frustrated I felt like crying. Finally I clocked out and drove home, stopping on the way back for a pick-me-up from Starbucks.
On the drive back I began having a pity party for myself over my bad day. Work was awful and stressful, I woke up late and hadn't gotten a shower, I was hungry, my head hurt..... etc. Just after all my woes had arrived for the pity party a knew thought popped in my head. My whole day wasn't bad. Yes, I'd had bad and stressful parts of it but over all it hadn't been that bad. I'd woken up before I was supposed to be at work, most of the day was nice, I'd been able to find the items my customers were looking for, I was off work with some of the afternoon to spare, and to top it off I'd gotten a free (for me, thanks for a gift card) frappuccino!
So many times I get caught up in the bad parts of my day, I'm reminded of other boarder-line bad parts, and I'm ready to sign off the whole day as awful, and Satan's only too glad to remind me of other parts and encourage me in my pity party. Thankfully there aren't bad days. Some may be better than others but every day is a day that the Lord has made and I am commanded to rejoice and be glad in it! And if you think about it, there are so many other things that could have gone wrong or worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment