Saturday, March 31, 2012

Knitting

Right now it's 82 degrees outside and I'm wearing a wool sweater. "Why?" might ask, well it's like this. I just finished knitting it this morning and I'm too excited about it working out that I can't wait to wear it. It's a rather simple pattern so it made for great 'conversation knitting' to do while watching movies or hanging out with (certain) friends. I found the pattern here
I say certain friends because I try not to be 'that girl' who's weird and knits all the time. I prefer to be 'that girl' who's normal and fun who also knits great sweaters, sheep, and baby things. So far it's working pretty well, I just only knit with my girl friends. But there are two groups of guys who now know I knit and thing it's really neat, probably due in large part to the fact that they've benefitted from my handiwork. Now since they already know I knit I feel comfortable knitting around them. This made for a more enjoyable super bowl party for me this year because I could knit during the game - good for stress, great for the blanket I was trying to finish!

No comments: