Thursday, September 22, 2011

"Is there a Hamam in Clinton, MS?"

Every semester during finals week the school library hosts what's called a "Stress-free zone". They have massage students come in and give 5 minute massages, like the ones in the mall, goodie bags with coupons from local restaurants, reminders of the tutoring centers,some tips on how to de-stress during finals, and some other fun things such as; play dough, candy, a stress ball, or a rubbery rabbit (probably on sale form Easter). Also this is the time the library gets feedback on how things are going and how students like using the library.I guess since most people probably wouldn't fill out the library survey for nothing they offer candy and entering your name into a drawing as incentive.
In May I went to the stress-free zone as a study break. I filled out the survey, got my goodie bag, chatted with friends and didn't think about the drawing until they called me a few days later saying that I'd won a 30 minute massage!!! Because I was trying to study, take finals, and pack up my room to move back home, I didn't have a chance to redeem my massage until now! I called the number this week and asked if I could still use it, even though it was from so long ago. The massage girl was really sweet and we set up an appointment for this after noon.
It was heavenly. As I was laying there wishing it could go on forever and I wouldn't have to get back to life, studying, tests, and such, I kept thinking about going to a Hamam. One day I'd like to enjoy a girl's day at the Hamam. Until then I'll just keep going to stress- free zones and enjoy the relaxing time I had.
I think I could get used to getting massages more frequently....

2 comments:

Sara Campbell said...

I am cracking up b/c I just went to the hamam yesterday!!! Ahhh, nothing like it!

Missy said...

Oh How nice!!!!!
ps, I love your family pictures from the camp-out, Sara!