Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cooking in a dorm room: Mint-Chocolate Pretzels

Sometimes things can be done in a dorm but take more creativity. Things such as baking, ironing, cleaning things, and crafts get more interesting when you throw in a couple of obstacles.
Example: Making Mint-Chocolate covered pretzels.
I've made these before and their SO good!!! I first had these in Turkey while watching Ben one morning. I made them a few times at home and everyone loved them. Today I decided to make some for my freshman group. I grabbed a bag of pretzels and a thing of Andes Mints and was set (after I borrowed Suit-mate's bowl).
First I unwrapped and melted all the Andes mints. An easy way to melt chocolate without taking a chance on burning it is to place a bowl of solid chocolates in a container of hot water. Just make sure you don't get ANY water in with the chocolate or it wont melt right.
It might seem like it's taking 4 years but after checking facebook and reheating the water it's done!
Once the chocolate is nice and smooth dip the pretzels in. I like to only dip half in. It's easier that way and since the chocolate's so rich you can eat more if it's not covered entirely with chocolate.
I ended up dipping about 10 or 12 dozen of these.
The hardest part of these wasn't making them but waiting until tuesday to eat them with my freshman group!! .

1 comment:

Sara Campbell said...

Yours are so pretty and perfect!!!!!