Monday, February 7, 2011

What I learned from my science book.


Today as I was reading my 'Plants and People' science book I came across the section on lettuces. It said there were 3 kinds of lettuce including the Cos variety. This is the long leaf kind such as Romaine Lettuce. Then I read on to why it was called romaine and why they named that kind Cos. The reason is it was first found growing on the tiny greek island of Cos. This made me smile because I've been there! Who knew that the random greek island that I went to for also the sole purpose of exiting the country would be the same random little island that would come up in my science book. The Lord is so good to give me reminders of such happy times in my everyday life. I praise and thank him for that.

No comments: