Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's day!

I have to admit, I was not looking forward to Valentine's day. I guess I feel like this every year it just seems like people put so much hype into this day that there's no way it could ever be so great! But I wasn't going to be a scrooge about it. I got some little valentine's for my friends and prayed that the Lord would help me use this day to remember how to really love. "Love is Patient and Kind, it does not envy or boast."
The day ended up being wonderful! My roommate gave me a box of chocolates before class, I got a package from my family and my grandparents!!! When I got back to my room, after a very long day of classes, I had gotten a card from the sweet girls down the hall and the RA gave us sweet-tarts. Tonight's been nice too. I got to skype with a friend from home and catch up on what's been going on and I ended the day with a movie with some sweet girls from my tribe.
The Lord's been so good to me. All I can think about it Psalms 30:11 "You [LORD] have turned my mourning into dancing". A day that started out as a rather bitter pity party has turned into a happy, cheery day of hanging out with friends and laughing. Praise you, oh Lord.

No comments: