Christmas break from school has been so nice. I'm a homebody and love being with my family. I've been able to enjoy wonderful food, relaxing time for knitting, reading, sister time as well as time with friends. Saturday I packed up everything trying to remember where I'd put things and deciding what I needed to take or leave. I went to bed Saturday night with my boxes back and ready to go. But here's where things shake up a bit.
Sunday morning My mom woke me up and told me it had already started sleeting in North MS. By 12, about an hour before I was going to leave, I talked to a family friend who was on their way home-taking the same roads I was about to take- and they reported that the brindges were begining to ice over and I probably shouldn't leave now. That was fine with me. Later Sunday night it started snowing here!!!! I love snow so much. It's such a wonderful reminded of the Lord's beauty. We got close to 4 inches here and thankfully classes were canceled for Monday. Snow days are so nice. Sitting in front of the fire, drinking hot drinks and knitting warm little baby hats. I went out periodically to walk around, get more logs and make snow ice cream but mostly I stayed in a looked at it and enjoyed the fact that I was still home.
No comments:
Post a Comment