A group of guys from my church are about to leave on a short-term trip over-seas. For a fundraising idea the college pastor asked everyone in the college group to think about something they could donate to a silent action. But instead of material things we were asked to give our time, talents, and gifts. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it turned into an incredible time. I was really able to get to know others and people's true talents really came out. All sorts of things were auctioned off. A guy who's a great cook offered to cook dinner for a family 1 night and deliver it. A guy who works for geek-squad offered to 'clean up' your home computer. A girl, who just finished training at cosmetology school gave a free hair cut. Everything from Car washes, tutoring, yard work, and Babysitting, to just plain man power to do whatever you wanted was up for dibs. One guy even offered to take your car through inspection!!
I enjoyed seeing how we're all so different yet all have something special to offer. Katelynn and I are pretty organized and lean towards being 'neat freaks'. We were 'auctioned off' as house cleaners/organizers for 4 hours. For me organizing closets was great!!! But.... ask me to fix your computer and I'm lost. Caleb would be happy to fix dinner but wouldn't be able to tutor in english. Rachel, an english major (who just graduated last weekend) would have no problem.
Overall the whole event was a great success.
No comments:
Post a Comment