The flight was pretty good, unfortunently I couldn't really sleep until the Munich to ankara flight so I got about an hour of sleep then but anyways, it was ok. I was able to sleep my first night here after getting things settled in mostly here.
So my first day i woke up around 3 something to the call to prayer, i wasn't sure what it was but it was interesting. thankfully i was able to sleep a little longer until around 7 when i got up and ready to go over to the school with my roommate to eat breakfast there and meet some of the other teachers. I was so ready for a shower after 2 days on a plane so around 7 i took a shower, one thing you should know about Turkey is that the cold water here is very VERY freezing cold, BUT there is hot water... normally. To put it mildly my shower was a little (ok alot) uncomfortable and very cold.
anyways after that i met the other teachers at the school and really like them at 9 a lady came and showed me all around my neighborhood and how to get places, she's a really sweet grandmotherly lady. but can she walk... wow I'm sore this morning from all the walking i so wish had worn my pedometer, B. we walked to the mall (at least a 45 minute walk) after walking all around the neighborhood for 2 or 3 hours. Then we went to Lunch at the mall and she let me have an american meal of burger king for my 1st meal here. we took a dolmush ( small bus) back to the school, but she got off at her apartment and told me what to say when i wanted to get off. so i waited until i say the park (which turned out to be the wrong on) say the turkish word to the man and he let me off. I ended up walking a bit but thanks to the morning walk i knew where i was and how to get back to the school.
Yesterday afternoon i went back to the mall with one of the teachers then to the Parzari (Bazar) it was alot of fun. we got back just in time to meet some people for dinner at a turkish restaurant it was really good. and alot of fun getting to know the others.
so my first day was very busy but in the fight of missy vs. jet lag I won! no nap and up for over 13 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment