This morning as I bundled up to head to church in the snow, I glanced in the mirror and realized how many people love me and take care of me. That might seem an odd thought but when I saw myself I saw the snow boots my grandparents gave me last Christmas, the winter coat my parents got me for my first winter in Turkey, the soft, warm gloves I received this Christmas from a sweet woman who prays for me often and kindly worries about me. I saw the earrings the school security-guard gave me for my birthday and the scarf I received from my principal when I met her at training the summer before I began my first teaching job.
I'm thankful for each of these reminders of the people who love and care for me and I'm reminded of what blessings they are to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment