Thursday, December 15, 2016

Christmas Break is Here!

It's the first official morning of Christmas break and it's lovely. It's not yet 7am and I'm curled up with a book, coffee, and a snowman cookie left over from the 2nd grade class party yesterday. I woke before 6 from a dream where a student's mom had told me she was picking him up early and I'd forgotten and in a panic had to run around finding his take-home papers; a fitting dream for a teacher over the break. I lazily got out of bed and looked out the window. The world (or at least my neighborhood) is covered in a thin blanket of snow. It's probably only an inch or two but it's lovely and adds to the happy feeling that Christmas break is here.
My room is a bit of a mess with bags half-packed for my upcoming trip and I haven't a clue where I lost the other books I was reading but right now all seems to be still and at peace. I would try to show you a picture but it just doesn't do it justice and would probably upset the calm and quiet of Roomie reading on the couch and me quietly typing.
Happy Christmas!

No comments: