The road construction project going on on the road in front of my house and turning down the road in front of the school was pretty ridiculous. I was told they were running (maybe re-running) underground electrical wires but the side effects were comical.
For about a week workers dug 4ft square ditches running down the length of my street. Then they added a connecting ditch to run in front of the school, stopping all traffic on those two streets. To get across these ditches they added bridges.
There were also mounds of dirt to climb over on my walk to school, a broken gas-line one day (that made us have indoor recess) and huge equipment to look at.
One evening Roomie and I returned to our house to find that our bridge had been removed. We began walking down to the next crossable area but were stopped by a workman yelling to another one to put our bridge up for us. I felt like a princess asking the troll to let us across the moat!
Saturday night someone must have gotten tired of the project and decided to finish it up. From 9-11pm a bull-dozer filled in the trench with dirt while other workers ran around sweeping up the dust.
Though I'm very glad it's over, at least for now, it was pretty funny to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment