Friday, May 6, 2016

The Forest

I feel like it's been forever since I've posted on here, and I guess it has. Life has been very full and busy these days that I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and write.

I took these pictures last weekend hoping to get a post written about the lovely 'forest' near my house where I've enjoyed running and walking lately. Last weekend I actually went three times in two days!
Roomie and a local friend went out one evening. Our friend showed us how to find green almonds to snack on as we walked. 
 These unripened almonds are a snack food here. I'd only tried them once before and didn't like them. My friend showed me how to take out the center (what will become the almond) because it's the most bitter part. It's an acquired taste but I like them better now.
I realize my hand looks pretty fat here but this is the inside of an unripened almond, the small white part in my hand the the center that will become an almond in a few weeks.
On one of my walks in the forest we stopped and watched the sunset from a high point. I'm not sure what this little shack used to be but it made for a nice sunset watching spot. 

No comments: