I haven't posted on here in a while, life has been very full and a little busy these days and though it's nice it doesn't leave much room for blogging. I'll try to go back a few weeks and catch up because I like having this blog as a record of memories as well as something to share with you.
A few weeks ago I went with some friends to Barcelona for our fall break. I'd never been to Spain and was excited to see a new place and learn about another culture.
Barcelona didn't disappoint! We stayed about a 30 minute train-ride from the city up the coast a bit. The group I traveled with was great. We packed it in during the day but had pretty quiet times in the morning to read, eat breakfast, and plan our days in the morning.
A few of our unplanned adventures happened because we happened to be in Barcelona during Merce, a big end-of-summer/welcome-fall festival.
One evening we walked out of dinner and heard music. We waited a minute where we were and realized there was a parade coming down the street.
The Giants parade was really fun with huge dressed up figures and children throwing confetti at the crowd.
Each pair of giants was accompanied by a small band and their own group of attendants wearing matching costumes.
No comments:
Post a Comment