Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's day!!!!

This year was my first official, full Valentine's Day in and elementary school and, MAN!!! Elementary school's are the place to teach when it comes to Valentine's day. Each student decorated a cereal box and brought them in throughout the week to put over their cubbies awaiting cards and treats. Some students when all out while other wrapped it in paper and called it a day. This was one of my favorites;
They covered all the bases(except for a name), I laughed harder when I found out who's it was; the big tough guy. 
 I also made a box that was soon filled with sweet cards, notes, candy, and even a Ninja Turtles pencil!!!
I knit small hearts for each of my students and attached a little card with their name and 'Happy Valentine's'. It was so much fun seeing them open their boxes and see how much they enjoyed them. I received lots of hugs and thank-yous that made up for any stress I'd experienced over knitting 52 hearts in 2 weeks. 
 We may have eaten too much sugar and over all it may not have been a very educationally productive day but it was fun and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It was very humbling and sweet to read over the cards and sort through the candy I'd been given throughout the day. Even though I'm not always 'nice' and have to make them move their clip or sit out of recess in the end they love me because I'm 'teacher' and deep down I know they know I love them too, I really do!

No comments: