Saturday, July 6, 2013

Wedding Weekend in Birmingham, AL

I suppose the Wedding season of my life has begun. I counted a total of 9 wedding invitations for this summer, thought I think I'll only make it to 4 or 5. This weekend I attended a wedding in Birmingham AL with my parents and brother. The groom was a high school friend of my brothers and he and a few other old friends were groomsmen. My brother flew in Thursday night and we all drove down to the wedding together. It was so nice to get to catch up with him and spend some time together.

After dropping him with the rest of the bridal party the parents and I enjoyed some site-seeing. We visited the American Village, the beautiful Botanic Gardens, and Vulcan park as well as a few cute little shops. I haven't been to Birmingham in years and was completely taken with the city. I loved it! Though I'd visited the American Village before I loved seeing it again and being reminded of the historic events demonstrated there. It really does make history come alive. One of my favorite parts of the village is the museum that has doll replicas of the U.S. presidents and first ladies (I wish I'd taken  pictures!!). My other favorite part was the gorgeous chapel they have that was modeled after a church in Williamsburg, VA. Though everything is modern and well built you still get the feeling you're back in time.
The wedding, Saturday, was beautiful. Though all weddings are, this one seemed to be especially nice. The service was very Christ centered and the pastor had some wonderful things to say. I wish I could hear it again and take notes! Of course the best part (in my unbiased opinion ;) ) was the tall, handsome groomsman on the end, he did a wonderful job. At the reception I got to see old friends and hang out with my brother. At one point the grooms cousin asked me to dance. I agree but quickly realized he was a bit young when he asked me what grade I was in. I ended the night dancing with my brother to You Don't Have to Call me Darlin'. It was a great weekend

No comments: