The past few weeks of being home on Winter Break has been so nice! It's been great to be home, spend time with my family, see friends from high school, and relax. I worked the first 2.5 weeks and it was actually nice to have some sort of structure to my days. Thought I'm sure I could watch NCIS and knit 24/7 for 3.5 weeks straight, that probably wouldn't be the best use of my time.
As things start getting back to normal and I begin thinking about getting back to school and studying I'm overwhelmed at how blessed I am to be able to come home to a life like this; reading aloud with my parents, joining my choir friends (most of whom could be my parent or grandparent) to sing on Sunday mornings, and remembering old times with my siblings.
One night, after a family dinner out and dessert at my sister's new house, we (my siblings and I) reminisced and laughed until our sides hurt over things we'd done or thought as children, many stories my parents hadn't heard and had no idea had happened.
Though I'll miss being home with everyone this is the first time I'm actually somewhat looking forward to being back at school! I love my little school ad my friends there but I'm never really ready to go back until after I've made the 3 hour drive and I'm settled in my room. This time, however I'm kind of looking forward to getting back on campus, seeing friends, and starting a new semester.
Though I'll miss my family and the relaxing days I've had with no schedule, and having free afternoons to curl up on the couch with my sister to watch NCIS and sew, it's comforting to know my family is just a text or call away and that the Lord has new and exciting adventures for me to find and grow through in the coming months.
Oh, and did I mention all the lovely fires in the fireplace? I'll miss those too. Too bad dorm rooms don't have those :/
1 comment:
I remember exactly how you feel...I was always happy when I got back, but hated to leave. I was 3.5 hours away in ARK. Have a good week back, Missy!!! Tried to leave a comment on one post re: Turkish food but it kept booting me out!
Post a Comment