I often get called an 'old lady' by friends, and some family members because of my lifestyle. I knit, drink lots of tea, wear slipper's around my dorm room or house, and can't really stick being out too late. Though most of my closer friend come to appreciate my knitting, once they've enjoyed one of my hand knit items, I still get the 'old lady' comments periodically. These comments don't really bother me but I don't feel they are exactly true.
Yesterday when I got this comment, after mentioning that I used a hot water bottle to stay warm when the heat was out, I realized my life style is not that of an old lady but a british person. Much classier.
This morning while tromping about my room in my wellies putting on a last minute cup of tea before heading out for the day I realized this title is much more accurate. Ok, if I were british I would probably have a tea pot instead of a one cup water boiler, but still....
ps
This is not my picture, though the knitting is beautiful. I'm too lazy at the moment to take a picture myself so I found one online.
UPDATE:
As I was thinking about this post, after posting it a few days ago, I realized it's not really British that I seems but just not American. Not that being American is bad, I enjoy many aspects of it daily. However it's very comfortable and, honestly, the American culture spoils me most the time. I think this is why I enjoy being over seas so much; Turkey, Ukraine, England. It's nice to be a bit uncomfortable some times, to be bundled up drinking tea because it's cold outside and so it's cold inside too, to have to walk to the market or make do because you don't want to get out in the weather. It reminds me to lean more fully on the Lord and trust in Him.

No comments:
Post a Comment