Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mystery Date!

Tonight my tribe had a murder-mystery party. One of those parties where everyone dresses as their character and has certain things they know and you try to figure out how the murder happened and who did it. This party was also a mystery date! A few weeks ago all the girls in the tribe filed out cards with 5 guys' names and number on it. Last week we got a card telling who our character was and how to dress for it. My character was Valerie Eliot. I didn't know until i googled her who she was but it's the writer T.S. Eliot's wife. (the man who wrote the poem the broadway show 'Cats' is Based on). My costume was supposed to include 3 things. 1) An elegant gown. 2) Pearls. and 3) Curly hair.
Tonight I dressed in my costume and met in girls dorm lobby where all the girls were put into groups of 5 people and told where to go meet their dates. I had no idea who mine would be but I'd been told it was one of the 5 I'd listed. As we got close to our destination I looked at the 5 waiting guys and realized I didn't know 4 of them and the one I did know was for sure not my date. As it ended up I didn't get one of my 5 but the guy I did get was really fun. He was very gentlemanly and I really enjoyed getting to hang out with him. The party itself was a little too big to have the mystery really work but it was lots of fun hanging out with friends and meeting new people. "T.S. and Valerie Eliot"

1 comment:

nuttypigeon said...

I randomly found your blog and really like it. It's nice to find people talking about actually life, and not just fashion.

Your evening sounds so much fun :) I have been to murder mystery events before, but not on a blind date!

http://freakytortoise.blogspot.com/