Monday, April 26, 2010

My feet.

As I was walking on campus today on my way to the Library I looked down at my feet and I got to thinking of where all these feet had taken me.
These feet have danced, first twirling me across the stage as a little 10 year old then older as cinderella and latter at prom. They have refused to walk as I was a stubborn toddler but matured and eventually walked me away from all I knew and loved as they somehow carried my body, against it's will through security in the Nashville Airport. Months latter they walked me through customs in Germany as I cried and waved goodbye to my friends, Sarah and Darci. These feet that couldn't even stand up at one time, have walked me up mountains, through ancient ruins, on the sands of 3 oceans and over 3 continents. They've run me to my daddy when I landed in back in America after being gone so long and carried me into classrooms on the 1st day of school. They've learned how to drive and swim and carried me across the stage in my sunday shoes for violin recitals and graduations. It's somewhat comforting knowing that they've always been there taking me places. But far more comforting knowing that the one who made my feet and taught them how to walk and dance is closer to me than even my feet. Praise you, Oh Lord!!!

No comments: