Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Adventures never cease.

I'm realizing that just as "wonders never cease" is true so is "Adventures never cease". On my way home from school the other day I decided to stop by the car dealership and return the box thing they left in my car after working on it the week before.
Though it was in a part of town I don't go much I was confident I knew how to get there. Instead of going all the way to my house and back tracking (the way I've been before) I would take one of the roads closer to school and that would connect the two parallel roads. Either way should take about 15 minutes. About 30 minutes latter I kinda got to wondering; " hmm... this doesn't look familiar, Maybe I should turn around... but where ? Am I lost? " about that time I past 'State-line road' "Oh goodness, that not a good sign. Which state did I just leave? wait, did i just leave my state or just got back to into it?" I began to look around the car for resources; One Granola bar, notes from class that morning, a phone and a camera. At least I'd taken a shower that morning so I was clean, just in case I didn't make it back to memphis anytime soon. I went a little farther and past a school. Thankfully I knew what school it was and where it was. Mississippi. 'Great, but oh well' I laughed 'at least I know what state I'm in and can turn around now and go home. I finally found a sonic to turn around in and headed back.
As I headed back, I thanked the Lord for keeping me safe, for a beautiful day and for adventures. Life would be pretty boring without them.

No comments: