Friday, May 26, 2017

KinderQuotes; Engagement edition

I got engaged over the weekend! It was magical and lovely and I'm still a bit in shocked surprise that it actually happened and I really get to marry this wonderful man. God is so good.
I wasn't really sure how my students would react. To them I'm a grown up and so I thought they may just take in it stride that of course grown ups should be married. But Monday morning when I told them they let it sink in a minute then were all squeals and excitement asking to see my ring and.... making hilarious comments.

'You're getting married?! To a boy?!!'

'... And then he asked me to marry him and gave me this ring!' - Me
'Did you know him before this?'

Student; 'What are you doing to name it?'
Me; 'what?'
Student; 'The baby'
Me; 'There is NO baby. Please don't go home and tell your parents there is!'
- I spent the rest of the day reiterating that there wouldn't be any babies until they were in at least 2nd grade.

'You're getting married!' - Student #1
'I know!' - me
'She told you the secret!!!' - Student #2
- secret's out, little one. I already know

No comments: