Thursday, August 11, 2016

Getting Home; Massachusetts

Before leaving America I stopped in Massachusetts to visit some friends. Other than visiting NYC, this was my first time in the North East and I loved it! The weather was beautiful, although they were in a 'heat wave' - means different things for different people I guess, and I enjoyed the beautiful views and charming architecture (I'm sure they're a technical name for it but I'm not sure what that would be). 
Watching a crane at the reservoir
While I was there we visited the Eric Carl Museum, a beautiful mountain state park, and picked blueberries. 
Please excuse me for taking pictures of inside a restroom but the tiles were so cute!
I also got to visit their church for Wednesday night prayer meeting and meet some of their friends at swim lessons and a softball game. 
View from the top of  Mount Holyoke
My friend also gave me a tour of a nearby cemetery where Johnathan Edward's daughter and wife are buried as well David Brainer! 
Sarah Edwards grave
Graves of Jerusia Edwards and David Brainer
I love history and was so impressed with how many historical landmarks there are sprinkled around the area. 
I'm totally taken with this part of the world and would love to go back sometime!

No comments: