After my first (almost) full week of Student teaching I've decided to recap. Life seems to be flying by and the 'adult world' is coming in faster than I ever imagined. My days are very full and busy but nights are restful and I thank the Lord for the patience, strength, and endurance He seems to pour on me by the bucketful.
The school I'm in is wonderful and I've loved getting the know the kids. They are cute, crazy, and highly entertaining.
The hardest part of the transition so far has been organizing my days. I'm living partially in an adult world, patricianly in a college world, but never fully in either (which makes picking up my new contacts at the on-campus post office difficult because I'm not on campus during it's operating hours).
 |
| Ice Crystals on my Windshield |
However, the other day I was reminded of one of the many blessing I can often pass in a day. It's so easy to pass over the sweet moments of the day when there is so much to do but I'm trying to 'stop and smell the roses' in a sense. The rubber-band bracelets and rings I'm given or the notebook paper welcome cards made by little hands are precious moments I want to remember. I also want to remember the peaceful times like walking across campus at 6:30 am before anyone's up and about or the quiet drives home from church after fellowship with friends. Considering the chaos of indoor recess and college group meetings these moments are all the more precious.
No comments:
Post a Comment